Effective Date: 4/3/09
1. Types of Information Collected
a. Personal Information: Personally identifiable information ("Personal Information") is any information that can be used to identify a specific individual, such as your name, email address, mailing address (including ZIP code), phone number and credit card information. Personal Information is collected when you interact with the Site, for example, when you participate in the “Bizarro Event.”
b. Anonymous Information: Anonymous information is information that does not identify you specifically including information collected automatically through the operation of the Site ("Anonymous Information"). We collect Anonymous Information through the use of various technologies to make the Site more interesting and useful to you and for various other purposes related to our business. For example, when you use the Site, we collect your IP address, which a unique identifier that is associated with your computer. We analyze IP addresses in the aggregate for system administration purposes and to gather broad demographic information. We do not link IP addresses to any Personal Information, so although your session on the Site will be logged, you will remain anonymous to us and the Site. However, we reserve the right to link Anonymous Information with any other information held by us or our affiliates.
3. Use and Disclosure of Your Information
As described in detail below, we may use your Personal Information in many ways, including sending you promotional materials and sharing your information with third parties for their marketing purposes. As outlined below, you may unsubscribe or "opt-out" of certain uses of your Personal Information.
a. Use of Your Information:
4. Third Party Advertising and Links to Other Sites
1. Personal Information: We will use your Personal Information for the purposes for which it was provided. For example, if you provide Personal Information to participate in the “Bizarro Event, “we will use it to enter you in the event. Subject to your ability to unsubscribe or "opt-out" of certain uses of your Personal Information, we may also use your Personal Information to provide you with information about features, products or services and other offers that may be of interest to you on behalf of us or our business partners. This information may be sent to you by postal mail, email or other means. Under certain circumstances (for example if you are a winner in the ”Bizarro Event”) we may post your Personal Information on the Site. Cookies and similar tools may be used to relate your use of the Site and Anonymous Information to Personal Information obtained from you. If any Anonymous Information is linked with Personal Information, the linked Anonymous Information will then be treated as Personal Information.
2. Anonymous Information: We may also use Personal Information in aggregate form for purposes of research or analysis. In order to better understand and serve the users of the Site, we often conduct research on our user demographics, interests and behavior based on Personal Information we gather. Although this aggregated information may be based in part on Personal Information, it does not identify you personally. We may share this type of Anonymous Information with a variety of third parties, including our affiliates, agents, and current and prospective business partners.
We may use Anonymous Information for advertising and promotional purposes and Site administration, and we may share such information with various affiliated and unaffiliated entities for such purposes. For example, IP addresses are used for the purposes of system administration and to provide Anonymous Information to advertisers about the volume of use on the Site, and demographic Anonymous Information may be shared with our advertisers and business partners. We may also enter into agreements with third parties that possess technology that allows the Site to customize the advertising and marketing messages you receive on the Site. This information may be shared with these third parties for this purpose.
b. Disclosure of Your Information
3. Disclosure to Third Parties:
• Administrative Purposes: Like many businesses, we sometimes hire other companies to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf such as hosting specific portions of the Site, maintaining databases, administering sweepstakes, mailing information and processing payments. When we employ a third party to perform these functions, that third party will only be provided with the particular Personal Information it needs to perform its function, and is required to protect the Personal Information. For third party sponsored sweepstakes, contests or promotions, we may request Personal Information from you that may be shared with the sponsor upon request.
4. Other Disclosures: In addition, we may disclose Personal Information without providing you with a choice under the following limited circumstances to: (i) protect the legal rights, privacy or safety of us and our affiliates or our or their employees, agents and contractors; (ii) protect the safety and security of visitors to the Site; (iii) protect against fraud or other illegal activity or for risk management purposes; (iv) respond to inquiries or requests from public authorities; (v) permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; or (vi) comply with the law or legal process.
5. Ability to Unsubscribe or "Opt-Out"
You can visit and use the Site without providing any Personal Information, but if you decline to provide Personal Information, you may not be able to use certain services or features. If you have previously provided Personal Information to the Site and have subscribed to one or more email newsletters or are receiving emails or other communications from the Site and you no longer wish to receive such emails, please discontinue your subscriptions by selecting the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any message. If you have previously provided Personal Information to us and have subscribed to one or more newsletters or are receiving direct mail from us and you no longer wish to receive such communications, please discontinue your subscriptions by contacting us at[42 ENTERTAINMENT TO PROVIDE]. You may choose to "opt-out" of receiving promotional materials from us and/or our business partners at the time that you are asked to provide your Personal Information either at the Site. If you ask that we stop using your Personal Information, we will honor that request. However, we will retain records of your Personal Information as needed in order to comply with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
6. Access and Correction
If you would like to correct or change the Personal Information that you have previously provided us, please contact us at support(at)bizarroishere.com
. We will take reasonable steps to update or correct Personal Information in our possession.
7. Children and Privacy
We recognize the need to provide additional privacy protections for children who visit the Site. At various places on the Site, we may ask users for their age. By using the Site you agree to respond truthfully and accurately about your age. The Site does not knowingly collect personal information or data from children under the age of 13. Children under 13 years of age are expressly prohibited from submitting or posting any Personal Information on the Site.
8. Information Security Disclaimer
We take reasonable security precautions to secure the Personal Information that you choose to provide against the loss, misuse, alteration or unauthorized access of such information. Unfortunately, no transmission of information over the Internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under our control to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Information you transmit to us. Any such transmission is done at your own risk.
11. Contacting Us Regarding Your Privacy